Stafford Masie discusses The New Frontier of Payment Acceptance at this year’s Cards & Payments Africa event
Stafford Masie, Thumbzup founder and Technology Start-up Entrepreneur recently spoke at Cards & Payments Africa 2014 event. Stafford introduced a new mobile payment innovation. This innovation is there to provide a solution for the ever-changing mobile banking industry, and its growing need for payment options to become increasingly user friendly.
On the topic of mobile payments, Stafford shared the following interesting facts:
- During the first quarter of 2013, there were 1.5 billion Smartphone users worldwide
- In 2011, there were 13.45 billion Active cards worldwide
- During 2013, the Transactional Market Volume worldwide was US$ 123.3 trillion
Key points from the presentation:
- Why a fully mobile point of sale?
- Features and benefits of the payment pebble
- Who will use it?
Involved in the Cards & Payments industry? You should join us in March 2015 for our Cards & Payments Africa show! For more information, please visit the Cards & Payments Africa 2015 website.