According to a report released by the Financial Services Club, the future of payment infrastructures is transforming due to the pressures of regulatory change and the growth of m-payments and P2P payments, and soon the way consumers and corporations process transactions will lead to a blurring of lines between wholesale and retail infrastructures.
What changes do banks and non-banks expect in the future?
- Mobile will open up payments
- The user experience will improve and user expectations will grow
- Big data will make payments more valuable
- Card providers will also drive innovation
- Transparency and reach will increase
- Payments will go real time
Read more at The Finanser and download the full report.
The Finanser is a blog run by Chris Skinner, an independent commentator on financial markets and Chairman of the Financial Services Club who will be the keynote at Cards & Payments Asia. Make sure to register before the last day of our early bird prices on March 15!