Loyalty programmes are an essential marketing and customer retention tool for any retailer. Therefore, for any loyalty programmes to be of any success there needs to be compelling reasons for customers to sign up. The list of strategies which retailers have at their disposal is only limited by their imagination and of course their bottom line. Here are some of the region's popular customer loyalty programmes that some retailers are using to entice customers to become loyal patrons of their establishments. In no order of merit, they are:
- Hong Kong Octopus Card: initially a smart contactless payment card for Hong Kong’s public transport system, now retailers can sign up with the card so that when commuters use the public transport system, they are also earning loyalty points!
- Body Shop Love Your Body Card: This programme is allows customers to enjoy a 10 – 15% loyalty discount every time they purchase a product from the beauty chain. It is purely a rewards card which an environmentally-aware-beauty-conscious person would be glad to use.
- IKEA Friends: The Swedish home products and lifestyle store renowned for its DIY and stylish flat-pack furniture has a loyalty programme which would make any meatball lovers salivate. When you signed up to for this membership card, you are immediately entitled to discounts at for their delicious Swedish meatballs. With further plans to revamp and upgrade the loyalty programme in store, look forward to enjoy fantastic rewards when you sign up for IKEA's loyalty programme.
- Isetan Cards: The Japanese departmental store has two types of loyalty programmes, the Isetan Credit Card and the Isetan Privilege Shopper Card. The credit card allows you to enjoy discounts every time you shop at any of Isetan’s outlets globally. Whereas the privilege card allows you earn points on every purchase which you can redeem later on.
- Starbucks: Want to enjoy a cup of fair trade coffee for free? Sign up for Starbucks Card where you can earn that free cup of coffee with every purchase. What’s interesting about this is that you can register your card online so as to manage your points and thus be savvier about your coffee drinking practices.
- Pet Lovers Centre: We have not forgotten about those of you who have formed strong friendships with your furry friends. Pet Lovers Centre is a one stop shop for all of your pet's needs. They even offer home delivery services! With stores in Singapore and Malaysia, this pet owners paradise has its very own loyalty card that allows members to enjoy discounts and points towards a grooming session for your pets. After all, they do deserve the best.
Are you interested to learn more about how retailers in the region plan, execute and sustain their customer loyalty programmes? Download Retail World Asia 2012 and Online Retail World Asia 2012 conference brochures to find out more! Some of the region's leading retailers such as Aditya Birla Retail , Adidas, Courts, The Dairy Farm Company, Gucci, LOTTE, Mango, Nike, Puma, Sa Sa International Holdings, Toys R Us Asia and many more will share their expertise and experience and both conferences!