Bank of New Zealand is pleased to make available a whitepaper on "Embracing Innovation and Change: Taking a Unified Approach." You can download a copy here.
In this paper, Russell Briant, Strategy Principal, Payments & Commerce, Bank of New Zealand sets his thinking on when taking a unified approach to introducing innovation and change across a market is a valid, rational and recommended strategic option. In the context of this paper a unified approach means the cooperation of a wider than usual grouping of possibly disparate parties in a market to get innovation or change into the market.
Here is are some questions posed by Russell in this paper to test whether this is one of those times for a unified approach or not.
- We can get to a market scale of buyers and sellers by ourselves?
- The proposition can thrive without broad acceptance?
- The business case to invest is within our own capacity to deliver?
- We don't need multiple parties (outside of our control) make this work?
- Having our own separate infrastructure makes sense?
- The required infrastructure is already in place?
You can download the full complimentary whitepaper here.
Russell will be presenting more on this topic at the upcoming Cards & Payments conference being held in Sydney on 20-21 March 2012. Find out more about the event here.