"What does 2012 hold in terms of marketing and advertising in the FMCG sector? It is going to be the year of helping consumers empower themselves through mobile and social media platforms, of turning over cents and creating value, in short, of making peace with technology and its influence on the behaviour of consumers, while taking steps to counter the continued effects of the Great Recession."
- Free access
- Rising video and social communication
- More pre-purchase online research
- Online grocery shopping boom
- Healthier choices
- QR codes
- More digital coupons and loyalty efforts
- Social media needs to move beyond ‘like’
- TVCs get shorter
- Affordable production alternatives
- Offline word of mouth marketing returns
Online Retail World Africa is part of Africa's Payments & Retail Show – Cards & Payments Africa.