- Change of event name: Since its humble beginnings in 2007, the event has been known as â€˜Retail Solutions World Asia'. So, why was the event name changed to â€˜Retail World Asia' from 2011? This was to reflect its new all-encompassing identity that besides showcasing the typical retail solutions that the event was well-known for; Retail World Asia features a diverse profile of technologies for Asia's dynamic retail industry ranging from customer analytics and management to touch technology to augmented reality (AR) and many more!
- Co-location: This tradeshow is co-located with Asia's most established smart cards & payments event, Cards & Payments Asia. Co-located events allow attendees to source and search for more products and solutions for their businesses. At the same time, there will be even more networking opportunities for both the buyers and sellers from similar profiles such as retailers, banks, merchants etc.
- On-floor seminars vs main conference: The FREE on-floor seminars are often confused with the main conference. Key differences are: a) The on-floor seminars are conducted by the exhibitors / sponsors who will present their latest solutions via â€˜live' product demos, videos or Q&A sessions. Each seminar lasts for about 30mins and are open to both exhibition visitors AND conference delegates. The seminars are FREE and interested attendees have to register for their seats during Online Visitor Pre-registration. b) The main conference which also goes by the name of Retail World Asia is open to paying conference delegates only. End user profiles will form the main speaker line-up and key industry themes for the conference are firmed up once the conference brochure is released. Download the conference agenda now to find out more!
- Official Hotels: As early as 4 months before the event, we will receive incoming overseas enquiries about travel and accommodation arrangements as Jan-Apr is a typical busy period for the MICE industry in Singapore. The Organising Team will work together with a travel agent to come up with a list of Official Hotels for the event. For 2012, we are pleased to announce that the Official Hotels Booking Form is ready for download. Book your rooms now!
- Social media: Oh yes! Retail World Asia has its own blog and you are reading this post from the official blog – The Wall! The team started blogging from Oct/Nov 2010 and we've come a long way since then. If you would like to contribute to our blog, that'll will be GREAT! Send a shout-out to Christine Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org . So, do comment on our blog posts, tweet or even â€˜LIKE' us! We are also on Twitter @cardsblog and our official hashtag is #retailasia.
See you at Retail World Asia 2012 on 25-27 April 2012 @ Suntec Singapore!